Image Map






Monday, September 15, 2014

Making Salt Maps...

It's begun.  We have mixed, tasted, busted bags, tasted, spilled, busted bags - did I mentioned tasted and then finally began covering our pizza boxes with salt dough.  What an adventure!  I need pictures!

Today, look at http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/asland.htm.  You can click on the right hand suggestions like mountains, lakes, rivers or deserts to see them appear in Asia.  You can also look at the countries within your region in more detail.

Here are the landforms I want your to try to create on your map.  I hope I organized them correctly! Enjoy 'building up' your salt maps!

East Asia
Mongolia – Altay Mountains, Gobi Desert,

China – Takia Makan Desert

China – Yellow River, Yangtze River

South Asia
India – Himalayas, Mount Everest, That Desert

India – Western and Eastern Ghats mountain ranges, Ganges River

Central Asia 
Kazakhstan – Ural Mountains, Kyzyl Kum Desert, Caspian Sea, Aral Sea

Turmenistan – Kara Kum

Southwest Asia 
Iran and Iraq – Zagros mountains, Euphrates and Tigris Rivers

Yeman – Arabian Desert

Southeast Asia
Thailand – Mkong River

Indonesia – Ring of Fire, positioned between the Pacific and Indian Oceans


Thailand – Khorat Plateau, Dol Inthanon Mountain, Isthmus of Kra in the southern peninsula

5 comments:

  1. I want to see how the salt maps come out.Haydn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want see how the salt maps turn out!
    Colston Callis

    ReplyDelete
  3. the salt map is my favrit thing miss Belinda is cool. hunter bowden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new blog we can go on. I like the slideshow on the side.
    Colston Callis

    ReplyDelete